Inhalation of essential oils is extremely beneficial for our health. Wearing a diffuser necklace with your favorite Young Living essential oil is a great way to combine style and function into one. A diffuser necklace also makes a great gift. Wondering how to make an essential oil diffuser necklace? Read on for an awesome DIY tutorial – I had a lot of fun getting back to my crafty side!
What you need to make your own DIY essential oil diffuser necklace:
- Necklace chain in the length, style, and color of your choosing from a hobby/craft store. I chose a 30 inch chain in an antique brass color. It already had a clasp attached and cost $3.99.
- Locket/diffuser pendant to match your style from a hobby/craft store. I chose an antique brass filigree heart locket. It included a jump ring for attachment to a necklace chain. I lucked out with a 50% off sale and got my locket for just $1.49!
- Jazz it up with charms, (also from a hobby/craft store). I chose a wing and charm pendant set in antique brass and silver. The set included a jump ring to attach it to a necklace chain. I also got this for 50% off – it cost me only $1.73!
- A small piece of felt, leather, or suede (cut small enough to fit inside the locket/diffuser pendant).
- Tiny pliers or a jewelry tool to tighten the jump rings of your jewelry pieces to your necklace chain.
- 1-2 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil. I’ve been using Clarity essential oil blend in my necklace. Clarity helps increase energy and enhance the ability to focus – a perfect essential oil blend to inhale at work or while I’m blogging! Smells great too!
How to put a diffuser necklace together:
- It will take very little time and effort to put your diffuser necklace together. Simply loosen the jump ring on the locket/diffuser pendant and thread it through so that it attaches to the necklace chain. Tighten the jump ring with a tiny pliers or jewelry tool. Do the same with the charm/s that you bought.
- Place the small piece of felt, leather, or suede inside the locket/diffuser pendant.
How do you use a diffuser necklace?
Simply apply 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil to the small piece of felt, leather, or suede and place in the locket/diffuser pendant of your necklace. The scent of some essential oils will last for quite a long time, while others will fade more quickly and will need to be re-applied.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!