Oh my gosh…I made the most delicious smoothie! Banana pumpkin spiced….it tasted sooo good AND it is sooo good for you! My hubby said this was his favorite out of all the smoothies I have made him. If you like Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte, you need to try this. Here is my healthy smoothie recipe (makes roughly 2 cups):
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or vanilla soymilk; or regular milk with a small amount of vanilla extract)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup 100% canned pumpkin
- 1 drop Young Living Nutmeg essential oil (if you’re not comfortable ingesting your oils, then use a little regular baking Nutmeg instead)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed (optional)
- a little swirl of agave nectar (to taste)
- 3-5 ice cubes
- sprinkle of cinnamon on top (I tried using Young Living’s Cinnamon Bark essential oil one day, but even one drop was too strong so stick to regular cinnamon spice)
If you have a terrible working blender like I do, you may need to add 1-2 ingredients at a time or you will clog it up! I so need that Nutribullet thing everyone is talking about!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!