Remember the Tips for Chemical Free Living blog post that I wrote last month? Well, I am proud to say that Scott and I have continued our bottle swapping journey. Most recently, I swapped our store bought hand soap for a DIY hand soap (made with my Young Living essential oils, of course). All of the ingredients in my homemade foaming hand soap get an “A” rating from the Environmental Working Group. An “A” rating means that the ingredient (or product) possess few/no known or suspected hazards to health or the environment. You gotta love that!
You Will Need:
- 1 foaming hand soap dispenser (reuse an empty dispenser or you can buy one from Abundant Health)
- 2 Tablespoons of castile soap (from Abundant Health)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin (from Abundant Health)
- 10 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oils (I like Purification essential oil because it comes in the Premium Starter Kit)
DIY Foaming Hand Soap Recipe:
- Add 2 Tablespoons of castile soap, 2 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin, and 10 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil to your foaming hand soap dispenser. Fill the remainder of the bottle up with water, put the cap on, and ta-da!
Total Cost of Your DIY Foaming Hand Soap:
- 1 foaming hand soap dispenser: $1.49. You can cut this cost if you have an empty bottle that you can reuse. If you do need to purchase a foaming soap dispenser, keep in mind that this is a one time purchase as you can refill it each time.
- 2 Tablespoons of castile soap: $0.53
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin: $0.36
- 10 drops of Young Living Purification essential oil: $0.75 (wholesale member cost).
—> First batch of foaming hand soap (if you need to purchase the dispenser) = $3.13
—> Refill batches of foaming hand soap (since you can reuse the dispenser) = $1.64
—> Did you know that you can make your own foaming hand soap for even less? Here’s how:
- As a Young Living wholesale member, you can enroll in the Essential Rewards Program. The Essential Rewards program allows you to earn up to 20% back, which you can cash in for free oils!
Questions? Just ask! Want to get your own oils? Click here!COPYRIGHT: © Sarah Biskobing and The Oil Essentials, 2015. You may use the URL of this post to share it on social media. You may also use the URL of this post to link to it from another website/blog. However, no part of the text of this post may be copied and used in a social media status update or on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. You may share the graphics/s associated with this post on social media as long as they are not edited in any way. However, you may not use the graphic/s associated with this post on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. This post and the graphic/s associated with it may not be printed and distributed without the prior written permission of the author. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!