Although I really enjoy winter (yes, I actually said that I like winter), I have to admit that there is a part of me that is looking forward to the warm summer weather. Even though we’re still months away from summer and it’s still kind of cold here in Wisconsin (it’s actually supposed to snow here tonight), I started thinking about the many ways I’ve used my essential oils during the summer. There are a lot of essential oils that offer benefits during the summertime, but I thought that I should write about the oils featured in the Premium Starter Kit first. Why? Because if you haven’t joined in on this essential oil craze, the Premium Starter Kit is the best way to get started. And if you’re like I was, you might need to mull it over for a little while or save up a little money before you are ready to purchase your kit (which is well worth it by the way). Alright, here we go! 30 essential oil tips for summer – featuring the oils from the Premium Starter Kit!
If you have seen this before, yes, it used to be 50 (not 30) summertime tips. I had to revamp this post a bit to remain compliant with Young Living’s product usage and descriptions.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Peppermint essential oil:
- Take a drop internally to support proper digestion after summertime BBQs.
- Add a drop to water to cool down on a hot day.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Purification essential oil:
- Diffuse -OR- add 2-3 drops to your vacuum filter to neutralize stale odors. This is perfect for spring cleaning!
- Add a few drops to the washing machine (or to a rag during the drying cycle) to freshen laundry – OR- add 5-10 drops to a spray bottle with water and spritz on your bed sheets/towels just before hanging them outside to dry (shake before use).
- Run an extension cord out to your deck/patio and diffuse Purification to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
- Add 10 drops to a small spray bottle with water and spritz onto the skin and clothes – OR – apply a couple of drops to the wrists and ankles as another way to naturally enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Lavender essential oil:
- Add 1-3 drops to lotion to soothe sun-kissed skin.
- Apply a drop behind your dog’s ears to help calm and relax your pet during car rides, thunderstorms, or fireworks.
- Diffuse or rub 1-3 drops on the wrists, behind the ears, on the back of the neck, and/or the bottom of the feet to promote a restful nights sleep after a long day of summertime fun.
- Add 1-2 drops to the washing machine (or to a rag during the drying cycle) to freshen laundry.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Lemon essential oil:
- Add 1-2 drops to water for a refreshing, hydrating beverage.
- Add 1-2 drops to your favorite summertime smoothie.
- If you forgot the limes for your backyard BBQ, no worries! Just add 1 drop of Lemon essential oil to a vodka tonic for a refreshing adult beverage.
- Naturally clean fresh fruit and vegetables by immersing them in a bowl of cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon essential oil.
*Lemon is photosensitive.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Thieves essential oil:
- Combine 2-3 parts water, 1 part white vinegar, and 10 drops Thieves essential oil in a spray bottle. Use this homemade mixture to clean kitchen surfaces before and after summer BBQ parties (shake before use).
- Take a drop internally to support the immune and respiratory system – because you shouldn’t just support these body systems in the winter!
Summer uses for Young Living’s Frankincense essential oil:
- When your kids are rough housing, rub 1-2 drops on the bottom on of your feet to help alleviate the nervous energy they cause you.
- Moisten a cotton pad with witch hazel and add 1-2 drops of essential oil. Use as a daily facial cleanser and toner. You can also try this with Lavender, Purification, or Tea Tree oil!
- Apply 1-3 drops to the face to smooth your summertime glow.
- Apply 1-3 drops to the temples and on the back of the neck to refocus at work (because we would all rather be outside than at work).
Summer uses for Young Living’s PanAway essential oil:
- Dilute and apply 1-3 drops to to muscles to soothe and comfort them. Try this after swimming, hiking, yard work, etc.
- Rub a drop on the temples and forehead when your kiddos are driving you bonkers.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Citrus Fresh essential oil:
- Diffuse for a clean, fresh, and uplifting summertime scent.
- Wear 1-3 drops for a beautiful and fragrant perfume or cologne to refresh and inspire.
*Citrus Fresh is photosensitive.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Stress Away essential oil:
- Diffuse to stay calm, cool, and collected while your kiddos demand more of your attention during their summer break from school.
- Attach the roller ball and roll onto the, wrists, back of neck, and/or behind the ears to wind down before bedtime.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Joy essential oil:
- Diffuse, inhale, or apply 1-3 drops to the wrists and/or behind the ears to uplift the mood – because we all have bad days no matter the time of the year.
*Joy is photosensitive.
Summer uses for Young Living’s Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) essential oil:
- Apply 1-3 drops to the face to beautify the appearance of your skin after sweating all day.
- Support already healthy looking toenails by applying a few drops to the nail beds twice daily.
- Use 10 drops to make a kitchen and bathroom DIY hand soap for all that summertime dirt and grime.
Want more info? Click HERE to watch my Online Essential Oils 101 Class!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!