My birthday is on August 18th and I thought it would be fun to blog about 18 of my must-have things from Young Living. I love the essential oils in the Premium Starter Kit, but when you’re ready to branch out, here are some of my faves beyond the kit. Hint… Many of my faves are oil infused products from Young Living! Ready? Here we go!
- #1) Pure Protein Complete
- Pure Protein Complete is one heck of a good protein powder. It comes in two flavors: Vanilla Spice (item #3301) or Chocolate Deluxe (item #3298). Pssst… The Chocolate Deluxe is the BOMB!!! I like to add 1 scoop to 8 ounces vanilla almond milk each morning (you’ll get 36 breakfasts per bag this way).
- #2) Gary’s True Einkorn Grit Granola
- This is the BEST granola you will ever eat! THE BEST!!!! You can buy just one pack (item #5751), or you can buy it as a three pack for a bit of a discount (item #19501). Just go ahead and get the three pack right away… You can thank me later!
- #3) Savvy Minerals Makeup
- Have you heard? Young Living now has their very own makeup line, Savvy Minerals!!! Savvy Minerals makeup is free of harsh-chemicals, nano particles, fillers, bismuth, talc, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and petrochemicals! It contains pure minerals, and is made in the USA (except the brushes, which are made in Italy). There’s foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, veil, eyeliner, multitasker, misting spray, lip gloss, lipstick, and brushes (even more makeup is coming soon)! Click HERE to see a PDF color swatch of the makeup line.
- #4) Lip Balm
- Young Living offers three lip balms: Lavender (item # 5203), Cinnamint (item #5150), and Grapefruit (item # 5178). I often buy these for myself, but they also make great gifts! Each lip balm does a great job of protecting, repairing, and moisturizing lips.
- #5) Thieves Household Cleaner
- There’s a TON of ways you can use this all purpose cleaner, but the most typical way to use it is to add 1 ounce of Thieves Household Cleaner to 30 ounces of water in a spray bottle and use it clean any surface of your home (think kitchen, bathroom, floors, windows, etc). One bottle of Thieves Household Cleaner makes 14 spray bottles of ready to use cleaner (at just $1.50 each)! This stuff is safe for kids and pets, more affordable, and just as (if not more effective) than your store-bought cleaner. Plus it smells amazing! You can order a 14.4 ounce bottle of concentrate (item #3743) or a 64 ounce bottle of concentrate for a bit of a discount (item #4475).
- #6) Deep Relief Roll-on
- Anytime I’m experiencing tension or overworked muscles, THIS is the stuff I grab! I love Deep Relief (item #3534) because it’s super strong (which means it works) and it comes in a roll-on so you can literally just grab it out of your purse or backpack and roll it where you are experiencing occasional tension and discomfort. Get this if you don’t have it yet!!
- #7) Satin Facial Scrub, Mint
- This minty facial scrub is a water-based exfoliant that contains jojoba oil, mango butter, MSM, aloe, and Peppermint essential oil to minimize the appearance of pores and invigorate the skin. At just $16.25 (item# 3735), you’ll be amazed how well this works and how long this stuff lasts! My skin loves this facial scrub!!
- #8) Orange Blossom Facial Wash
- Orange Blossom Facial Wash (item #5136) is a gentle, non abrasive cleanser that removes dirt and makeup without stripping the skin of its natural oils. This cleanser is ultra concentrated, so I like to dilute 2 tablespoons of facial wash in an 8 ounce foaming hand soap dispenser and fill the rest of it up with water. You’ll get 4 containers of face wash for just $5.00 each! You gotta love clearer and healthier skin!
- #9) Inner Defense
- Inner Defense (item #3295) is a liquid softgel that supports the immune and respiratory system. Take 1 Inner Defense capsule daily in the morning or take 1 capsule 3-5 times daily when the body is stressed. You’ll definitely want this around with the school year right around the corner!
- #10) Thieves Toothpaste
- There are three different kinds of Thieves Toothpaste: Thieves AromaBright (my fave; item #3039 and #5351), Thieves Dentarome Plus (item #3738), and Thieves Dentarome Ultra (item #3744). Each contains no fluoride, synthetic dyes, or preservatives. Your teeth will never feel cleaner! You’ll see why this toothpaste upgrade is worth it when you discover that your regular toothpaste leaves a yucky film on your teeth that you’ll never want to go back to. Use one of these toothpastes alone, or kick it up a notch by adding a drop of Orange essential oil each time you brush your teeth. Your chompers deserve the very best!
- #11) Ortho Sport Massage Oil
- Ortho Sport Massage Oil (item #3032) has a warming sensation and I like to apply it to my legs after a run. We also apply a few pumps to our dog’s old hips at night – it definitely helps him feel better! Ortho Sport it is similar to Ortho Ease Massage Oil, only Ortho Sport has a higher phenol content and the warming sensation is stronger.
- #12) Bar Soaps
- I know what you’re thinking… “Bar Soap? Gross and No!” Seriously though, just humor me! You will be so amazed that a natural, “boring” bar soap cleans so well, leaves you smelling fresher than ever before (P.S. that freshness lasts all day), and doesn’t dry your skin out. These soaps are less expensive than a body wash from Bath & Body Works and are better for you than most store-bought body washes and soaps. There’s several to choose from, but my faves are the Thieves (item #3679) and Peppermint Cedarwood (item #3677). You’ll never go back to your store-bought body wash again!
- #13) Life 9 Probiotic
- Life 9 (item #18299) is a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from 9 beneficial bacteria strains. A high quality probiotic is one of the best ways to support a healthy digestive system. Don’t forget that the digestive system is considered the second brain and therefore plays a VERY large role in our mood and immune system.
- #14) Thieves Laundry Soap
- With a plant-based formula, Thieves Laundry Soap (item #5349) gently and naturally washes your clothes, leaving them truly clean without any chemical and synthetic residue. Natural enzymes and powerful essential oils add to the formula’s strength, leaving your clothes fresh and clean with a light citrus scent. Thieves Laundry Soap can be used in all washers, including high-efficiency, and its highly concentrated formula will handle approximately 64 loads with just 32 ounces. For $0.45 a load (in a high-efficiency washing machine), you can eliminate a top pollutant in your home and a major threat to your health and wellness.
- #15) Thieves Spray
- Thieves Spray is always in my purse, backpack, or office at work. I use it to spray down door handles, toilet seats, shopping cart handles, restaurant tables, the air, or anything else with a “gross factor.” I’ve even sprayed my arm pits with it when I’ve gotten a little stinky during the day LOL! This is a perfect on-the-go cleanser! You can buy one (item #3265) or a three pack (#3266).
- #16) Thieves Dish Soap
- I never thought dish soap was toxic (I mean, hello…. We basically ingest that stuff)! BUT it is toxic!!! Seriously, look it up on the Think Dirty app or the EWG’s cleaner database. What you’ll find is actually quite gross! Thieves Dish Soap (item # 5350) effectively cleans your dishes (yes, it has degreasing power) without SLS, dyes, SLES, formaldehyde, phosphates, or synthetic perfumes. I’ll pay more all day long for a product that won’t poison me!
- #17) Master Formula
- I started taking Master Formula (item # 5292) about 2 months ago when I was feeling like I was deficient in something, but couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was. Heck, I’m a dietitian and I didn’t even know where to begin as far as what vitamin or mineral to start taking based on how I was feeling! WOW… I feel amazing now that I’ve been taking this high quality mutivitamin and mineral supplement!! Master Formula is appropriate for males and females 12 years of age and older. It’s packed full of some serious goodness (click HERE to see the label). Did you know that all of Young Living’s supplements are infused with essential oils? Normal bioavailability of supplemental vitamins and minerals is 15-30% (this means that your body only absorbs 15-30% of that vitamin or mineral), BUT when you put essential oils with it, it increases the bioavailability to 60-80%!!!!!
- #18) ART Light Moisturizer
- The ART Light Moisturizer is the best moisturizer I have ever used! Seriously!! Its age refining technology is non toxic and hydrating, yet so light feeling that you hardly know you have lotion on your face! It is available separately (item #5362) or as the complete ART skincare system (item #5363).
Boom! There ya go! If you end up swapping out some of your current store-bought products for Young Living’s safe alternatives, be sure to consider enrolling in the Essential Rewards (ER) program (where you can pick the products you want to order every month AND earn up to 25% back on all of your ER orders)!! Click HERE to learn more.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!