The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is on sale for $150.00 until the end of the month. This kit comes with 11 (5-ml) bottles of essential oil, a diffuser, 10 sample packets of essential oil, 10 share it sample essential oil bottles/info, an aroma glide roller ball fitment, 2 NingXia Red sample packets, and a no strings attached 24% wholesale discount whenever you want to order from www.youngliving.com (not to mention all the freebies you get when you order from me). If you think that the Young Living Premium Starter Kit is too expensive, let me show you that it’s not!
Each 5-ml bottle of essential oil from the Premium Starter Kit contains about 80 drops of oil. When you ingest or apply oils to the skin, just 1-3 drops is usually used. This means that…
- Using 1 drop = about 80 servings/applications per 5-ml bottle
- Using 2 drops = about 40 servings/applications per 5-ml bottle
- Using 3 drops = about 25 servings/applications per 5-ml bottle
Here is a generalized cost analysis for each oil in the Premium Starter Kit (using 1 drop of oil):
- Thieves: Help maintain a healthy respiratory system and support the immune system for $0.14
- Lemon: Naturally enhance the flavor of food and beverages for $0.05
- Peppermint: support gastrointestinal system comfort and support performance during exercise for $0.09
- Lavender: Promote a restful nights sleep for $0.09
- Frankincense: Smooth the appearance of healthy looking skin for $0.29
- DiGize: Support a daily wellness regimen after a meal or while traveling for $0.13
- Stress Away: Combat normal stress that creeps into everyday life for $0.12
- RC: Comfort and soothe the throat and chest after exercise or just before bedtime for $0.13
- PanAway: Soothe minor tension and muscles after exercise for $0.32 (calculated using the 15-ml price)
- Purification: Moisturize the skin and enjoy the outdoors annoyance free for $0.08
- Copaiba: Support overall wellness and the body’s natural response to injury and irritation for $0.17
Now, think about this…
The average cost per drop of essential oil in the Premium Starter Kit is just 15 cents. When you see 15 cents on the sidewalk, do you even pause to pick it up? Do you even bother clipping coupons for cents off an item? If your answer is no, then why would spending an average of 15 cents to naturally support your health be too expensive?
Think you can find a cheaper diffuser? You can’t! Check out these numbers:
When you subtract the cost of everything in the Premium Starter Kit from the current kit sale price of $150.00, the diffuser costs NEGATIVE $6.22! Seriously! The diffuser that comes in the Premium Starter Kit is MORE THAN 100% FREE! You can’t beat that! Even when the kit is at the regular price of $160.00 (after 8/31/15), the diffuser is still a crazy good deal at just $3.78!
*I calculated this using the 15-ml price of PanAway. If you calculate this using the 5-ml price of PanAway, then the diffuser comes to negative $14.97 (while currently on sale).
Now, let’s compare freshening a room with essential oils to burning a candle…
One of my favorite essential oils to diffuse from the Premium Starter Kit is Purification. I use about 5 drops of essential oil when I run my diffuser. The Home Diffuser from the Premium Starter Kit has a run time of up to 5 hours (mine runs even longer if I have it on the 30 second intermittent setting, however, for this example, we’ll use 5 hours). This means that…
- Diffusing Purification costs 8 cents per hour – cheapest way to freshen your home!
- Bath and Body Works 3 Wick Candle priced 50 percent off, costs 23-45 cents per hour – more expensive than oils!
- Yankee Jar Candle priced 50 percent off, costs 9-12 cents per hour – more expensive than oils!
- Plus, diffusing essential oils offers health benefits, while burning a candle does not!
Lastly, let’s take a look at diffusing oils versus air fresheners!
Don’t even get me started on air fresheners! Oh boy! Most air fresheners are so incredibly toxic (I’m embarrassed to say that I used to have a stock pile of them). Don’t believe me? Just look at what the Environmental Working Group has to say about them HERE. I don’t even have to do a price comparison. Just don’t use air fresheners. Enough said.
Convinced that the Premium Starter Kit is a good deal? Click HERE!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!