My hubby and I made mojitos on Memorial Day. Of course, we couldn’t help but experiment by adding a few drops of a Young Living essential oil to the pitcher. We settled on Slique, a Young Living essential oil blend of Grapefruit, Tangerine, Lemon, Spearmint, and Ocotea essential oil with Stevia Extract. While we chose to add Slique to our mojitos for taste, Slique was actually formulated to support healthy weight management goals (and is typically used by adding 2-4 drops to 4-6 ounces of a beverage). As usual, our oiling experiment turned out great! Our mojitos were so YUMMY that I just had to share our essential oil drink recipe!
—- Recipe —-
1. ADD THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS TO A PITCHER:
- 4 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
- 4 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE
- 1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
- ABOUT 12 MINT LEAVES
2. MUDDLE THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE PITCHER UNTIL THE MINT LEAVES BEGIN TO BREAK APART
3. ADD 2 CUPS (OR 500 – ML) OF A LIGHT RUM TO THE PITCHER. CITRUS RUMS LIKE BICARDI LIMON ARE GREAT FOR MOJITOS!
4. FILL THE REST OF THE PITCHER UP WITH CLUB SODA
5. ADD 3 DROPS OF YOUNG LIVING’S SLIQUE ESSENTIAL OIL TO THE PITCHER
6. MIX WELL
—- Enjoy! —-
Rim a glass with granulated sugar, add ice, fill with the mojito mixture, and garnish with a lime wedge. Sit back and enjoy!
Note: Please read THIS for more information on ingesting essential oils (as it is quite controversial in the oiling world).
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!