I attended a Young Living essential oils seminar last weekend titled “Lighten Your Load.” The seminar focused on using Young Living essential oils to support emotional health. Forgiveness was one of the topics that was covered at the seminar. Because grudges and resentment can become such limiting factors in our lives, I wanted to share some of the things that I learned about the importance of forgiveness and how you can use your Young Living essential oils to assist with the process.
Why you might want to consider forgiving those that you resent:
When you resent someone, you become emotionally bound to that person. The emotional link that resentment causes can keep you stuck in a rut and can block any good from entering into your life. Forgiving and letting go of the resentment that you hold towards someone is the only way to break free from that person and the darkness that has crept into your life.
Forgiveness is NOT…
Forgiveness does not mean that you are excusing someone’s actions. Forgiveness does not mean that you should forget the event ever happened or no longer have any more feelings about it. Forgiveness is not something you do for the person who wronged you.
When you forgive someone, you will still remember what happened. However, you will no longer be bound by it and it will no longer keep you stuck. Forgiveness is something that you do for yourself (NOT for the person that wronged you). Forgiving someone allows you to find a way to live in a state of resolution, heal, move forward, and bring prosperity back into your life. When you forgive someone, you take your power back.
Pray the “Forgiveness Prayer” twice daily:
One step that you can take in the process of forgiving someone is to pray the “Forgiveness Prayer” at least twice a day (upon waking in the morning and before going to bed at night). The prayer is below (as found here):
“I now let go of worn out things, worn out conditions, and worn out relationships. Divine order is now established and maintained in me and in my world.”
“The inflow and outflow of everything in my life is established in divine order. I am peaceful and poised.”
“All that has offended me, I forgive. Within and without, I forgive. Things past, things present, things future I forgive. I forgive everything and everybody who can possibly need forgiveness in my past and present. I forgive positively everyone. I am free and all others are free, too. All things are cleared up between us, now and forever.”
“I now release and am released from everything and everybody that are no longer part of the divine plan for my life. Everything and everybody that are no longer part of the divine plan for my life now release me.”
“I am in right relationship with all people and all situations now.”
How to use essential oils to assist with the forgiveness process:
Essential oils can help center you so that you can be focused and purposeful when you pray. You may want to consider using one of the following Young Living essential oils when you pray the “Forgiveness Prayer:” Frankincense, Inspiration, Sacred Mountain, Acceptance, Forgiveness, 3 Wise Men, Transformation, Valor, or White Angelica. Use your chosen essential oil in one or more of the following ways:
- Apply a drop of essential oil (dilute if needed) to the crown chakra (located on the top of the head) and over your heart before praying.
- Diffuse an essential oil while you pray the “Forgiveness Prayer.”
- Apply a drop of essential oil to the palms of your hands (dilute if needed), cup over your nose and mouth and take 3 deep breaths before and after you say the “Forgiveness Prayer.”
1. Lighten Your Load – YL Team WI Spring Seminar, April 18, 2015
2. Reference Guide for Essential Oils (2014) by Connie and Alan Higley
3. The Miracle of Elimination & Forgiveness to Create Prosperity: http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/haveamagnificentday/2012/04/the-miracle-of-elimination-forgiveness-to-create-prosperity-2.html#
4. Essential Oils Desk Reference Sixth Edition by Life Science PublishingCOPYRIGHT: © Sarah Biskobing and The Oil Essentials, 2015. You may use the URL of this post to share it on social media. You may also use the URL of this post to link to it from another website/blog. However, no part of the text of this post may be copied and used in a social media status update or on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. You may share the graphics/s associated with this post on social media as long as they are not edited in any way. However, you may not use the graphic/s associated with this post on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. This post and the graphic/s associated with it may not be printed and distributed without the prior written permission of the author. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!