Today, I made homemade lotion bars and lip balms with my Young Living essential oils. I made a mix of 2 lotion bars and 3 lip balms. Here is how I made them…
You will need the following ingredients —>
- 1 part shea butter (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1 part coconut oil (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1 part beeswax (I used 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Around 15 drops of your favorite Young Living essential oil (or combo of oils)
***you can adjust the recipe and use more or less of these ingredients depending on the size batch you want to make.
Follow these 5 easy steps —>
1. Combine the shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and vitamin E oil in a glass mason jar. Carefully place this jar in a small saucepan of shallow water on the stove.
***you might want to dedicate a specific mason jar for projects like this as mine was difficult to clean after I was finished.
2. Turn the burner on and bring the water to a simmer. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth. The beeswax will take some time to fully melt, but keep stirring and be patient.
3. Once all of the ingredients are melted, remove from the heat and stir in your desired Young Living essential oils. For a great scent and to assist in moisturizing, try Young Living’s Lavender and/or Geranium essential oil (add a total of about 15 drops of essential oil).
4. Carefully pour the melted mixture into molds and let harden. I poured the mixture into some silicone molds and lip balm tins that I found online. I love the little lip balm tins that I bought! However, I think I could have saved my money on the silicone molds and poured it into something like ice-cube trays for my lotion bars.
5. Allow your lip balm to cool completely before use. Also allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop them out of molds. I store my lotion bars in a covered container.
Ta-da! You will love these!
When the lip balm and lotion bar is rubbed on the skin, it will soften and melt. I have been consistently using my lip balm and lotion bars all week and my skin and lips are soooo soft! This will be such a great product to have on hand when the weather begins to get colder!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!