It seems like for as many people who use essential oils, there are just as many people who are overwhelmed by them. Despite how overwhelmed you may feel when it comes to using essential oils, I’m here to tell you that you no longer have to feel this way! If you read below, I think you’ll find my super simple oily rundown helpful. After all…life is busy and essential oils should make your life better, NOT more complicated! Here are the things you NEED to know when it comes to using your oils…
*Note: These tips are meant for healthy adults (there are different guidelines for children). If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or have a medical condition, please speak with your healthcare provider and check a reference guide before using essential oils.
# 1) Young Living essential oils can be used in three ways: aromatically, topically, or taken as a dietary supplement.
- To use an essential oil aromatically: Inhale directly from the bottle; add a drop to the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, cup your hands over your nose and mouth, and inhale; add a few drops to a cotton ball and place near you; or diffuse (add 3-8 drops to a diffuser).
- To use an essential oil topically: Apply 1-3 drops to the desired area of the skin (never in the eyes or ears). The wrists, back of the neck, and/or bottom of the feet are always great places to apply essential oils. Most essential oils need to be diluted with a carrier oil (ex: V-6 or olive oil) before applying them to the skin.
- To take an essential oil as a dietary supplement: Add 1-2 drops to a capsule, herbal tea, water, juice, honey, or yogurt. Be sure to use a glass (not plastic) cup when adding essential oils to a beverage.
# 2) Each bottle of essential oil has a label on it. The label will tell you how to use that oil.
- For example, the label on the bottle of RC reads, “Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6 or olive oil and apply to desired area. Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.”
- If you don’t know where to apply the oil, apply it to the wrists, back of the neck, and/or bottom of the feet as stated above in # 1.
- If you don’t have a diffuser, use the oil aromatically in any of the ways listed above in # 1.
- For example, the label on the bottle of Peppermint reads, “Dietary: Take 2 drops in a capsule. Take 3 times daily or as needed.”
- If you don’t have capsules, you can take an oil as a supplement in any of the ways listed above in # 1.
# 3) Despite what you may think, you DO NOT need to know how a particular oil benefits you before you use it!
People tend to think that they need to know how a particular essential oil will benefit them before they use it. Although, it’s nice to know details about each oil, all you really need to know is that you will always benefit when you use an essential oil! The most important thing is not always knowing how a particular oil will benefit you. Rather, the most important thing is that you use them!
# 4) What to do when you get your Premium Starter Kit:
The Premium Starter kit is a very versatile and well-rounded essential oil collection. Therefore, you can benefit from doing the following with your kit…
- Open all of the bottles in the Premium Starter Kit and smell them.
- Pick the oil that you are drawn to in that moment.
- Use that oil by following the directions on the bottle.
- Use at least one oil every morning and at least one oil every night.
- Be sure to eventually work your way through each of the 11 oils in the Premium Starter Kit. Try using all of the oils even if you don’t like how they smell at first – they will grow on you. Sometimes, the oil that smells the worst, is the one you need the most.
- As you use the oils and as you have the time, learn more about each oil by reading the info that came with your kit, visiting: www.youngliving.com, browsing the Young Living Product Guide, and/or reading a reference guide.
- Over time, you’ll come to find which oils you really like and which ones seem to benefit you the most!
Ready to oil? I thought so! Click HERE or the graphic below to join me!
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!