Are you wondering why essential oils are so expensive? If you are someone who isn’t quite sure if you should invest your $150.00 in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit (11 bottles of essential oil, 10 sample packets of essential oil, diffuser, free reference guide from me, a 24% wholesale discount), I am here to tell break down some of the numbers for you! You’re getting much more for much less than you think!
First, let’s break down the cost of applying essential oils to the skin…
Each 5-ml bottle of essential oil in the Premium Starter Kit contains about 80 drops of oil. When you apply oils topically to the skin (for an adult) you typically use 1-3 drops of oil at a time (less is more in the oiling world). This means that…
- 1 drop of essential oil per application = about 80 applications/servings per 5-ml bottle.
- 2 drops of essential oil per application = about 40 applications/servings per 5-ml bottle
- 3 drops of essential oil per application = about 25 applications/servings per 5-ml bottle
Each essential oil has SEVERAL uses, but here is a generalized cost analysis for each oil in the Premium Starter Kit (using 1 drop of oil per topical application):
- Lemon: enhance the flavor of food and beverages for $0.04
- Peppermint: soothe and support the digestive system for $0.08
- PanAway: relieve occasional tension and soothe muscles for $0.40
- Lavender: promote a restful nights sleep for: $0.09
- Purification: enjoy the outdoors annoyance free for $0.07
- Thieves: support the immune and respiratory system for $0.13
- Stress Away: reduce occasional stress for $0.11
- Citrus Fresh: bring about a general sense of well-being for $0.06
- Melaleuca: beautify the skin for $0.10
- Joy: uplift your mood for $0.15
- Frankincense: overcome nervous energy for $0.28
I don’t know that anyone can actually say they don’t have $0.13 to support their immune system. One dose of Thieves is 3-5 times cheaper than other immune supporting supplements on the market.
Now, let’s break down the cost of diffusing essential oils (it’s cheaper than a super nice candle)…
Did you know that when you subtract the cost of the 11 bottles of essential oil and 10 sample packets of essential oil from the cost of the Premium Starter Kit that you are technically getting the Home Diffuser in the Premium Starter Kit for $7.76!? Seriously – nowhere else will you find an essential oil diffuser for less than $10.00 (and a good one at that)!
- I use about 6 drops of essential oil each time I run the diffuser. The diffuser has a continuous and an intermittent 30 second setting. The diffuser will run continuously for 3.5 hours (7 hours if on the intermittent setting). I actually prefer the intermittent setting.
- You have got to look at the info below! Diffusing essential oils is typically cheaper AND better for you than a high quality candle that is 50% off! WHOA!
Bath and Body Works 3 Wick Candle (25-45 Hours)
- Regular Price: $0.50-$0.90/hour
- 50% Sale: $0.25-$0.45/hour
- No health benefits
Yankee Jar Candle (110-150 Hours)
- Regular Price: $0.18-$0.25/hour
- 50% Sale: $0.09-$0.12/hour
- No health benefits
Young Living Home Diffuser (using the intermittent setting) – BEST DEAL!
- Depending on the essential oil, diffusing usually costs $0.03-$0.24/hour. THIS COSTS LESS THAN CANDLES!
- Plus, diffusing essential oils offers MANY health benefits. Click here to read more!
Before you say “no” to essential oils, you might want to reconsider!
I am encouraging you to really think about how much money you spend on candles, air fresheners, cleaning supplies, body care products, and over the counter health products…many of which are terrible for you! All of those little purchases for each product you buy at your local grocery or drug store really add up, and most likely end up costing you more in the end! Just think about how easy it is to spend $25.00 or more in one simple trip to the store. Then, think about how many simple trips to the store you might make in a week or one month. It really adds up! When you think about it, is the Premium Starter Kit really too much money for your budget? Or does it just feel like it is too much money (because it is one simple purchase VERSUS the several you may currently make in that very short amount of time)? This kit should REPLACE some of the things you currently purchase (not be an additional cost)!
Essential oils (and products you can make from them) are simple and require minimal effort to use. Essential oils are natural and safe (of course, when used correctly)! They help maintain wellness in the body and can be used to support healthy muscles, bones, skin, hair, and emotional balance, AND the immune, respiratory, digestive, cardiovascular, hormonal, and nervous systems! You can’t put a price on health…oh wait, I just did! And the truth is, the Young Living Premium Starter Kit is actually a pretty inexpensive way to make your house smell AMAZING and support your overall health and wellness.
Convinced? Want to purchase your own Premium Starter Kit? Click the graphic below!
COPYRIGHT: © Sarah Biskobing and The Oil Essentials, 2015. You may use the URL of this post to share it on social media. You may also use the URL of this post to link to it from another website/blog. However, no part of the text of this post may be copied and used in a social media status update or on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. You may share the graphics/s associated with this post on social media as long as they are not edited in any way. However, you may not use the graphic/s associated with this post on another website/blog without prior written permission of the author. This post and the graphic/s associated with it may not be printed and distributed without the prior written permission of the author. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material is strictly prohibited.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living essential oils. The statements made and the products mentioned on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please read the full disclaimer here.
FOLLOW: Sarah Biskobing on Google+!